Sunday, April 6, 2014

Simply Sunday

Today was another beautiful Sunday in Phoenix.  A perfect day for a bike ride.  I still haven't been able to take "her" out into the mountains.  But so far I really love riding her on the streets and bike paths in town.  I've decided I'm not coordinated enough to ride and photograph; so instead I'm sharing some older photos of places that I actually rode past today.

I still need a good name for her...but I'm almost done primping (or pimping?) her



Got the new handlebar grips and phone holder

New bottle holder



So, the next few photos are from the Cosanti studio where Eric and I biked a few weeks ago.  It is the studio where Paolo Soleri lived, and his students still make and sell his Soleri windbells.

Soleri used this apse as a "passive solar machine"; it now displays many Soleri wind bells


The bells range in price from $28 up to well over $280,000



The middle of my ride today took me past one of my favorite architectural structures in the valley.  This spire was designed, of course, by the late great Frank Lloyd Wright (no relation...dang it).

It stands 125 feet high and sits at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard


I want to get back out for some night shots; it's lit from the inside and glows cool blue in color.

Wishing everyone a great upcoming week.  April is here, the snow is melting, time to come out of hibernation! 

“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”
Frank Lloyd Wright


Links: 
Frank Lloyd Wright
Cosanti Originals
Paolo Soleri




















No comments:

Post a Comment