Sunday, April 13, 2014

Home Comes to Phoenix


Home.  Where is home?  What is home?  Is home where I grew up?  Where the majority of my friends, family, and memories are?  Or is home where I am now living?  Where I moved to start my own family?  Where I'm building new friendships and making new memories?  I suppose that no matter the answer, I know who my family is and who I come from.  And no matter the miles or the differences between us, family is my heart.

So these past few days, having my Mom and my Aunt Nancy staying here in Phoenix with us has been like a little piece of my old home here at my present home.  And it's been nice. 

And it hasn't hurt that the weather has been perfect!  Also, it was the weekend for the Scottsdale Culinary Festival...so we headed there Saturday afternoon.

Great Arizona Picnic of the Scottsdale Culinary Festival in Old Town


Mom and Nancy enjoying some funnel cake



Jalapeno mac and cheese from Sandbar


Nancy with a DELICIOUS dessert from Caketini



Slice of pizza from Spinato's

Tiny cupcakes!    


Mother and Daughter   

And then on Sunday, Mom and Nancy helped Eric and me buy and plant flowers and succulents and cactus.  I do NOT have a green thumb so I very much appreciated their guidance!  Let's hope I can keep everything alive!

Lots of empty pots...just waiting on Mom and Nancy!

Work in progress 

 
Finished pots full of pretty!  

Nancy CAREFULLY helping Eric plant the saguaro!  

Cyrus "helping"

We found this BEAUTIFUL HibisKiss that Eric planted in the back

The pool area is looking a little more tropical and colorful

Flowers on one of the succulents we planted 

And we added a bit more to the front of the house

Only one more day of having family here.  Not only family, but also a strong female presence...the girl talk has been nice.  Eric, Cyrus, Grace, Hemingway, and I will miss these lovely ladies. Our Family.  XoXoXo


In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future. -Alex Haley






No comments:

Post a Comment