Sunday, March 23, 2014

March MADNESS!

Can you believe this month is already nearing an end?  Where did it go?  It's been such a great month.  The weather in Phoenix has been phenomenal, the basketball has been exciting, and we added to our family.  



March through May are the most perfect months in Phoenix; the weather is warm, the smell of orange blossoms fills the air, the cactus are blooming, people are enjoying their yard work and their bike rides.  It's a little piece of heaven.


Also with March comes the NCAA college basketball tournament!  Watching these games and filling out brackets has been a tradition of mine for years, thanks to my friends, Greg and Blair, who got me addicted!


I do miss my Indiana friends during this time, as we would all sit together at our favorite sports bar, Average Joe's.  But Eric and I are making our own memories.  Last year it was Vegas, this year we found Blue 32 and Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers...both fun places to watch all the games.

 

And also this month we adopted Hemingway.  It's been quite entertaining to have her as a new addition to our family!  She is FULL of life and energy!  She chases our 3 year old kitty, Grace, up down and all around the house; and that makes our 10 year old dog, Cyrus, curious so he chases the both of them!  I just sit back with my camera and enjoy the show.


Grace is still trying to get used to not being the only cat in the house.  This is how they currently interact:


Hopefully I'll soon have some cuddling photos to share!!  Fingers crossed!

Finally, a big thank you to "our" cousin, Adam.  We received a box full of coffee that came from the coffee business he previously owned!  Eric went out today and bought a coffee grinder and we're looking forward to starting our week out with fresh ground coffee in the morning!   Kismet, Honduran, or Sumatran?  Decisions, decisions!


 


"I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees.  I am going to close my eyes and listen."  ~Anne Lamott

"Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody."  ~Kareem Abdul-Jabbar





No comments:

Post a Comment