Sunday, January 25, 2015

Arizona Balloon Classic

Yesterday evening Eric and I drove to Maryvale to the Arizona Balloon Classic.  While I got some decent photos...I'm not so sure I'll be going back anytime soon!  We left the house at 4:30 and Eric was still pulling in to the parking lot at 6:40.  Luckily, he let me get out and walk so I wouldn't miss the balloons.  One other thing that bummed me out was that the sunset was lackluster.  Friday night's was like cotton candy in the sky and tonight's was beautiful as well.  But Saturday, when I had my camera, it was very subtle.  I guess it just wasn't my night.  But hopefully you all enjoy the balloons!

Closeup at dusk

Inflating the balloon that ended up being my favorite

Saguaro Balloon

Balloon lineup at dusk

Trying to inflate Hello Kitty balloon 



Closeup of Hello Kitty looking at how it's done!

Witch Balloon

Hello Kitty is gettin' there!


Back of the POW balloon

Cluster of Balloons

Light my Fire!

Moon between two balloons


Football balloon

Love the colors in this one!

Balloon Lineup After Dark


Red on Black

Hello Kitty! Glad you could join us!









"The balloon seems to stand still in the air while the earth flies past underneath."
— Alberto Santos-Dumont.





No comments:

Post a Comment