Sunday, November 30, 2014

Butterfly Wonderland

The weather has been so beautiful in Phoenix that it gave me the itch to get out with my camera.  Sometimes, however, I'm bored with my immediate surroundings and I didn't really want a road trip.  So yesterday I visited 'America's Largest Butterfly Atrium.'


I filled a 16gb card in less than 2 hours.  I saw grown men giggling as butterflies landed on them.  I felt butterflies alighting on my head (couldn't get a photo of that).  It was a lovely afternoon and I hope you enjoy the MANY photos.

Paper Kite


Great Eggfly

Great Eggfly


This guy stuck out his tongue (proboscis) at me!

Extreme Closeup!


Buckeye with a curly tongue

Licking a leaf


Polka-dot eyes

Having a drink

Postman


Three sharing purple flowers

Postman with a curly tongue

Costa Rica Clearwing

Monarch and his curly tongue

Soft
In the cobwebs

Malay Lacewing

Branch built for two


Blue Morpho

This guy landed on my jeans

Zebra Longwing


Monarch


Can you tell I liked the Paper Kites?

Nosedive!

White Peacock

Sharing an orange slice

And the finale (literally as I was leaving) the BIG African Moon Moth

“Butterflies are self propelled flowers.”
Robert A. Heinlein




No comments:

Post a Comment